Cake Smash and splash photography
Cake smash sessions are a fun way to celebrate your child's first or second birthday, an important milestone in your baby's life. Smash and splash sessions are available at Karen Kimmins newborn Photography.
Cake Smash sessions in association with www.littlebuttercupcakery.co.uk
Cake Smash and splash sessions are a great way to celebrate first birthdays.
Cake Smash sessions are all about your child having fun and these sessions most definitely deliver lots of fun, messy play and laughter.
A Cake smash session is a great way to celebrate this very special milestone for your little one with the added bonus that you can leave all of the mess to me!
Cake smash prices below.
These are suitable for first and second birthdays and take place in my home space.
1. First we will take some beautiful portraits of your birthday girl or boy in their clean outfit or if your child doesn't mind getting dressed, bring along a separate outfit. I have some large 'O''N''E' and 'T''W''O' letters to include. Please note, if you would prefer plain backdrop portraits first, please let me know and I will not set-up the decorations before your arrival. More elaborate decoration backdrops (circular paper fans etc) take 5-10 minutes to set up, so again please bear this in mind as regards to the amount of time you will be waiting (I do have a small box of toys for your little one's enjoyment whilst waiting)!
2. We will then change outfit and bring in the birthday cake and the fun (and mess) will begin!
3. We will then finish off by sitting your little one in a tub with a little water and we'll blow some bubbles, these make for some fun images also.
I don't book any sessions back-to-back, so if your child needs a break at any stage there is absolutely no rush. We can sit down and have a cuppa!
*All parts of the session are dependant on your child's participation and their mood on the day, and nothing is guaranteed, but I do my best to make sure some lovely memories are captured for you to cherish forever.
My cakes will be made by the incredibly talented www.littlebuttercupcakery.co.uk. We will need 1-2 weeks notice to order these cakes. They will be ordered through myself. There are a few main designs and can be made in the colours of your choice.
1. Rainbow ruffle cake. 2. Rara ruffle cake 3. Super hero cake 4. Unicorn cake. 5. Rainbow cake. 6. La mer cake. 7.Petal cake 8. Cowboy cake.
1. Rainbow ruffle -Top Left.
2. Rara ruffle -Top Right and bottom two.
3. Super hero cake -Top left.
4. Unicorn cake - Right top and bottom.
5. Rainbow cake - Bottom left.
6. La mer - Top left and right.
7. Petal Cake - Bottom left and middle.
8. Cowboy cake - Bottom right.
The cake will always be light/cream coloured on the inside (chocolate and red velvet can look pretty yucky once they are smashed up) The icing will be butter icing rather than fondant so that it is soft and easy for baby to break up in their little hands.
If your child has a food allergy please get in touch with details.
I believe less is more in these sessions and like the photos to be all about your little one and the cake, although a few background props do really help set the scene. I will supply the cake, cake stand, cake topper, simple decorations outlined below and a crown.
You can either choose from floral, spotty or plain coloured bunting, various coloured tissue paper tassel garlands and/or a mixture of coloured/patterned paper pinwheels/fans. (Please note, some of the props seen in these photos, for example, helium balloons/ named leaf banner below, are models own).
You may bring along any other extra props you wish to include. A fantastic supplier of more elaborate bespoke headbands, crowns or banners is @prettybaby93
The best props are those which are colour coordinated, as are the cake and outfit.
If you have a specific colour/theme in mind, please contact me in plenty of time and I will do my best to source the matching bunting, garlands or fans/pinwheels.
I have pale blue, pink, ivory, almond (as below) or brown backdrop colours.
For little boys a simple pair of jeans, shorts or dungarees without a top look adorable, perhaps add in a bow-tie or braces!
Less is more with little girls also, little rompers or a tutu and vest look great.
I have a few outfits you may borrow if needed.
I will supply a sparkly '1' birthday crown if wanted. I can order bespoke colours if booked well in advance.
Remember to bring along an outfit for the natural portraits beforehand.
Cake smash and splash Pricing
£220 - All 20+ digital images.
- £50 booking deposit to reserve your date in my diary.
- 1-2 hour session at my home in Wellington.
- Use of my colour co-ordinating props, bunting, cake stand etc.
- Bespoke cake in one of my designs in the colours of your choice.
- My time, talent and full commitment to you throughout.
- My time to professionally retouch and artistically enhance your photos to create beautiful imagery.
- 20-25 high resolution digital images sent to your computer via download link (No physical items)
- Digital montage for use on social media and/or printing.
- 1x large 20"x16" Print of your choice OR 2x 10"x12" prints of your choice.
PRINTS - Prints may be purchased as extras, please follow this link for print prices.
An example of the digital montage to print or use on social media.